Center for Visual Arts of Ministry of Culture
and Islamic Guidance in collaboration with the Institute for
Development of Contemporary Visual Arts will hold The 9th Fadjr
International Festival of Visual Arts with the aim of introducing the
pure ideas and novel and creative art and research creations in February
The Festival Organizers hereby invite all artists and researchers throughout the world to participate in this artistic event.
The Festival approach:
The Festival approach is to introduce those
works which are performed with new and interactive capabilities in the
form of utilizing one or more visual arts field and which show a pure
idea as well as an artistic concept.
Method, technique and number of works:
1. To be contemporary, novel and interactive are the basic criteria for the works‘ selection.
2. Subject, technique and method of presentation are free.
3. The space for presentation of volumetric works and arrangement at the exhibition shall be a maximum of 300×300×300 cm.
4. Each artist can participate at the
exhibition with maximum 3 works or projects (or combination of both). If
a number of works are shown in one composition, arrangement, figure or
structure, they shall be considered as parts of one project.
5. Maximum one work or project will be selected from each selected artist.
6. The works submitted to the Festival must new and not submitted to the previous Fadjr Visual Arts Festival.
7. The illustration, calligraphy, ceramic,
photography, cartoon, graphic, volumetric and sculptures, paintings,
Persian painting, new arts, etc. will be accepted in single media or
mixed media form.
Method for submission and selection of the works:
1. Registration, application for participation and submission of a photo of the work will be through the festival web site at: www.ivafestival.ir
2. Minimum size of the file should be 1 and maximum 4 MB.
3. All applicants are required to register their resume and their three previous works at the Festival web site.
4. The applicants have to send a statement
expressing and explaining their idea and work along with their files.
This statement should not exceed the maximum of 100 words.
5. The selection will be carried out in two
stages: 1. Art council shall review the resume, photo of the work and
statement to choose the selected works and artists. Then the results
will be informed to the artists. 2. The selected artists, in interaction
with the Art Council, will prepare the final work and submit it to the
Festival’s Secretariat. The superior works will be selected by a group
of seven juries including the representatives of members of art council
and international juries.
1. The sum of US$250 will be paid to every
artist whose works are selected at the Festival as a grant for preparing
and presenting the work.
2. 10 works will be selected from the
selected ones by the juries and each artist will be awarded the Golden
Tooba, plaque of honor and US$ 3000 in cash.
3. Certificate of participation and the Festival Proceedings will be presented to all artists admitted in the exhibition.
4. The selected artists shall be invited to
Iran. The costs of travel to and from Iran shall be borne by the
artists, while the Festival’s organizers shall pay for the costs of 4
days accommodation. Invitation will be sent to selected artists to
participation in the prize award ceremony.
The Festival Organization:
Secretary General: Mojtaba Aghaei
Art Secretary: Jamshid Haghighatshenas
Executive Secretary: Abdulrahim Siahkarzadeh
Art Council: Mahnoush Moshiri, Mohammad
Bagher Aghamiri, Kambiz Drambakhsh, Ali Shirazi, nader Qashghaei, asghar
kafshchian Moghadam, Reza Yasavoli, Mehran Houshyar, S. Nezamoddin
Emamifar, Mojtaba Aghaei and Jamshid Haghighatshenas.
Secretary of International Affairs: Shaban Azadi
Terms of Conditions and regulations:
1. The Festival is open to all artists and researchers without any limitations.
2. Preparing, presenting and exhibiting constitute a part of the overall work and shall be the responsibility of the artist.
3. Shipment, transportation and execution of the works at the exhibition are the responsibility of the artist.
4. The Festival’s Secretariat shall have the
right to utilize the works in printed and information media, cultural
advertisement and exhibition in Iran and abroad subject to mentioning
the name of the artist.
5. The Secretariat has no liability for damages caused by improper packing and posting.
6. The final decision about unforeseen events shall be the responsibility of the Festival’s Secretary General.
7. For more information, please refer to Festival web site:
1. October 15, 2016, call for entries and registration through the web site
2. December 11, 2016, 12 P.M., deadline for registration in the web site
3. December 14-22 2016, preliminary selection of the works
4. December 22, 2016, results notification of the preliminary selection of the works
5. December 24-January 5, 2017, receiving the selected works from the artists
6. January 7-11 2017, final selection of the works
7. January 11, 2017, notification of the final results of those works entered in the exhibition
8. February 2017, Festival’s date
Venue of the Festival:
Tehran Museum of Contemporary Arts
Address & contact of the Festival’s Permanent Secretariat:
No. 17, Shahid Sadoughi Lane, Opposite Laleh Park, above Keshavarz Blv., North Kargar St., Tehran, Iran