Here are the rules and regulations: 1. The theme for the 18th International Editorial Cartoon Competition is:
The high price of a free press
Press freedom around the world is in danger as journalists are threatened by government censorship, organised crime and commercial pressures.Online content is being controlled by a handful of internet companies whose processes lack transparency, and most countries restrict access to a range of websites.Donald Trump’s attacks on “fake news” in the US is also sending a message to authoritarian leaders that it is acceptable to crack down on the press.259 journalists were jailed last year and 79 were killed.There were 426 attacks against journalists and media outlets in Mexico in 2016 alone.Some 150 Turkish journalists were in prison and more than 170 media organisations have been shut down since last year’s coup, including newspapers, websites, TV stations and news agencies, and 2,500 journalists have been laid off.
2. Prizes: three prizes will be given: a first prize of $1000 plus a Certificate from Canadian UNESCO, second and third prizes of $500. All sums are in Canadian dollars. Ten additional cartoons will receive an ‘Award of Excellence,’ Regrettably no financial remuneration accompanies the Awards of Excellence.
3. Only one cartoon will be accepted from each cartoonist. It may be either in color or black and white and must not have won an award.
4. The size of the cartoon should not exceed A4; 21 by 29.2 cm; or 8.50 by 11 inches. Cartoons should be in jpeg format at 300 dpi
5. The name, address, telephone number and a short biography of the cartoonist must be included in the submission.
6. The Canadian Committee for World Press Freedom shall have the rights to use any of the cartoons entered in the Competition for promotion of our Editorial Cartoon Competition.
7. The winners of the Cartoon Competition will be announced at the World Press Freedom Day Luncheon held at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa, Canada on Thursday May 3, 2018 as well as being advised by e-mail. The winner’s names and their cartoons will be posted on the CCWFP web site.
8. The winning cartoons will be exhibited at the luncheon.
The deadline for receipt of cartoons is midnight GMT, Friday, April 13, 2018. Send submissions by e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
A todos los Fecoadictos que deseen usar la fecoweb para hacer un pequeño homenaje a nuestro compifeco Forges puede hacerlo. Un saludo.
El correo de "El Nerja" está a vuestra disposición.
Nuestro compañero Forges ha fallecido hoy. Gran persona, genial humorista gráfico, comprometido y cercano a todas las causas justas. Gracias por haber intentado guiar a estos españolitos y españolitas a través del humor por el buen y divertido camino. Miembro de FECO desde sus inicios y uno de sus fundadores. Todo nuestro cariño a su familia, seres queridos y amigos. D.E,P,
Dear colleagues and friends, I invite you to participate in the 2nd edition of the International cartoon Contest - Morocco 2018 - We will send you an invitation to participate! We sincerely hope that you will find the time and the will of at least one article, Interesting subject. The exhibition will begin on May 1, 2018 in the city of Agadir in Morocco. The deadline is 20 April 2018 (20.04.2018.) You can send an e-mail to: Arabetoon@gmail.com Magrebtoon@gmail.com Please find enclosed the application, the competition poster. 2nd edition of the International Caricature Contest - Morocco 2018 Can be seen on the website: www.arabetoon.com .www.maghrebtoon.com www.arabetoon.com cordially
De nuevo desde Lleida el equipo capitaneado por el amigo y miembro de Feco España Paco ERMENGOL, nos convoca a ese simpático Concurso Internacional con el nombre de CARACOLERO. Sería estupendo que participes porque no es cuestión de perder las escasas oportunidades que tenemos en España. ¡Qué no se te escape, no por lento... si no por interesante!
Nuestra elegante dama del trazo y Fecocompi Elena Ospina y el Veterano del Vietnam del humor Juli.S. alias Harka han sido seleccionados y encatalogados en elAydin Dogan Vakfi International Cartoon Competition 2017. Estambul (Turquia). Con tres y dos dibujos respectivamente.